How You Can Help
Operation Open Arms has been designated a 501(c)(3 ) charity by the IRS and all donations are tax deductible.
If you’d like to offer a service or product as part of the OOA network and have your offering listed in our Services section, please click here to send an email to our webmaster and provide the following information:
- Business name
- Business logo (attach to the email)
- Business web address
- Business physical street address
- Name of person to contact
- Phone number of person to contact
- Email address of person to contact
- Description of the services you are offering, for how many, etc. (browse the Outreach Services menu for ideas)
To make a financial contribution, visit our Donate page where you can access a secure site for Paypal and all major credit card donations to Operation Open Arms.
We’ve had a few contacts saying that someone would love to help but can’t see how their business could participate. There are many ways to help even if you don’t own a business that seems relevant.
Think outside of the box – we’re guessing that everyone has some great ideas that we haven’t considered!
Gift Certificates and Gift Cards
Promise a gift certificate or free meal at a local restaurant. Tell us about it and we’ll put it on the list. Be sure to include the restaurant name. When you hear from a visiting service man or woman, you can make arrangement with them. You could also make an arrangement with a local establishment for the item to be picked up at that location.
Or send a Gift Certificate to the Pine Island Chamber of Commerce and they’ll get it to a service member or member’s family. Be sure to included any special instructions if needed.
Pine Island Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Operation Open Arms
PO Box 101
St. James City, FL 33956
Ideas for gift certificates and gift cards are endless. Here are just a few:
- Local department store for an item of clothing
- Book store, coffee shop, or drugstore
- Restaurant, pizzeria, fast food chain
- Phone Card
- Salon, Day Spa
- Movies, theatres
Networking always gets results. Contact friends and businesses that you deal with and ask them to participate.
- If you have family or friends who are stationed in overseas locations, get the word out to them.
- Place the Operation Open Arms link on your website with a link back to us.
- Agree to cut, trim, mow the lawn of a U.S. Serviceman during his deployment.
- Ask a group of friends to unite and send a GI to Disney World or Sea World.
- Invite a GI to your home for a home cooked meal.
- Hire a Professional Fishing Guide/or expert to take a Military family fishing, sailing or camping.
- Help out with laundry, fix something in their home, treat them to pest control services.
A Reminder to Our Troops
The recipients of these benefits are asked to please remember that gratuities/tips for meals, guides, and other services are not included. Also most of these offers are good for 1-time only and not multiple occasions.
Be sure to visit the Eligibility section for information on making arrangements and other important participation informaton.